Wednesday, October 11, 2006

learning from parents...

well sometimes you got to take a step back and look at what other people do.

I helped my mum and dad get into affiliate marketing - taught them the basics then gave them contacts in the industry.

I was already in it - big time, and had a lot of sites - around 80 (only 10 of which had any real content) but and always didnt belive in making sites for other people .... I had the skills, I could build for myself and make lots of money on my own sites.

However - I lost most of my sites when a naughty employee wouldnt give me copies of backups (he probably never took any) and my server went down.

Now I have a chance for a fresh start and see things a bit differently thanks to my dad. He was going out and getting small web builds - charging very little to build them, but was gradually building up a passive income on the hosting & management ... this didnt open my eyes until he had 15 sites on the go ....

Now I can see other advantages to building sites for other people - you get more ideas!! People ask for things different to what you normally do, so you end up having to learn new things ... its refreshing and exciting and here is my cheap web design page

http://www.leabeven.com/cheap_UK_web_designer.htm

get your own site here from £49

No comments: